• Prevent condensation;
• Minimize heat gain and boil off rate;
• Prevent CUI problems;
• Protect personnel.
Closed Cells Flexible Elastomeric Foam
First Layer is installed free to move, not glued,
with compensation joints.
Other layer are installed with joints glued but
without adhesion to inner layers.
K-FLEX SOLAR HT
K-FLEX LS (USA Only)
First Layer Water Vapour Barrier
Sliding layer that provides barrier
to water vapour diffusion.
Polymeric Outer Layer Jacketing
UV and weather protective jacketing with joints sealed with K-FLEX sealant.
K-FLEX IN CLAD Jacketing
K-FLEX provides thermal insulation in cold application, i.e. LNG/LPG piping and equipment, covering a temperature up to -165°C.The insulation is made using a multilayer configuration of K-FLEX closed cell NBR or EPDM rubber based FEF (Flexible Elastomeric Foam), with an outer covering of polymeric sheet cladding (CPE/PVC based), providing protection against weathering (resistance to moisture and salt) UV and impact resistance.
This multilayer system has a low thermal conductivity and a high water vapor diffusion resistance factor. It minimizes the risk of CUI (Corrosion Under Insulation), has excellent salt resistance, impact resistance and UV protection. Easy to install, combines constant performance with low maintenance requirements. All these characteristics make it an ideal product for cryogenic applications.
A CPE/PVC-based UV and weather protective outer layer. It is adhered at overlapping joints without being directly attached to the final insulation layer. All joints must be sealed with K-FLEX sealant.
• Low thermal conductivity = reduced heat transfer, improved process control, energy savings and reduced boil-off gas
• Minimized risk of CUI: Built-in continuous high resistance to water vapor transmission + reduced seams, joints and barriers + pH neutral material + 100% sealable and high emissivity outer jacket
• Low flame spread: Meets ASTM, IMO, DNV, ABS and Lloyd’s Register Requirements & Approvals
• Easy access to pipe / equipment for inspection and maintenance
• Built-in resistance to fracturing from thermal shock (freeze/thaw process) and vibration
• Lightweight for reduced load on pipes
• Resistance to harsh application and environmental conditions